that is currently known about George Shaw, Sr. is that he came from
Massachusetts, settled in Attica, Wyoming County, New York, and
married Jane (maiden name unknown) about 1815. They had eight children
1. Cassandra P. Shaw, born Saturday, 14 September 1816.
2. John Shaw, born Tuesday, 27 July 1819. Died Saturday, 29 February
3. Two daughters, born Tuesday, 14 August 1821. Died, Thursday,
23 August 1821.
4. George Shaw, born Sunday, 18 May 1823. Married Mary Jane
McWain 1851. Died, Tuesday, 26 August 1902.
5. Warren Shaw, born Saturday, 29 Oct 1825, married Mary (Nannie)
Burton of Kentucky on 9 January 1855. He died 2 May 1902. The 1860
Missouri census for Platte County, City of Weston lists Warren Shaw
as a furniture dealer. The same census shows Emma Shaw, his daughter,
age 3 attending school and living with J. P. Erickson, a druggist.
Warren had four children: Emma Shaw, born 11 Sep 1856, married Charles
Sumner 23 Jan 1878, died 5 Aug 1939; Charles C. Shaw, born 15 Oct
1860, died 5 April 1868; Belle Shaw, born 17 Jan 1865, married Calvin
Topliff Wright 4 May 1892; Edward Robinson Shaw born 29 Jul 1870
married Mary Baker 22 Aug 1900."Corfu. EDWARD R. SHAW, 67, of Chicago,
publisher of "The Practical Engineer" magazine and a native of Corfu,
died at a sanitarium in Tucson, Arizona at 6 o'clock last evening
following a long illness with arthritis. Born Corfu, 29 Jul 1870,
son of Warren and Mary Burton Shaw, he was employed as a young man
by Geo. A. Porter of Corfu and also worked in Rochester and Buffalo
before going to New York where he worked for the J. S. McGraw Publishing
Co. Survived by his wife Mary Baker Shaw of Rockford, IL, 2 sisters,
Mrs. Emma Sumner of Corfu and Mrs. Belle Wright of Alden and several
nieces and nephews."
6. Edwin Shaw, born Tuesday, 9 March 1830. Married Ellen McWain
on 10 April 1859. Died Saturday, 24 March 1866.
7. O. Fayette Shaw, born Monday, 16 November 1835. Lived in Dansville,